Documentation: How to contribute
Writing the documentation is a team effort so let's first set some basic rules to prevent a mess:
- Keep consistent indentation!
- If you write a complete document or participate substantially to one, please add your name to the <header><authors> list.
- If you only contribute partially to the document (correcting errors), please add your name to the Author: list.
The Xindice website and documentation are generated using the Forrest tool (currently, it s built using upcoming Forrest 0.8 version). If you are new to Forrest, please read the Using Forrest guide to get you started. After you install Forrest, you can start editing Xindice documentation by following these simple steps:
- Start Forrest up by invoking forrest run from the xml-xindice repository.
Forrest automatically loads required plugins, prepares
build/tmp and build/webapp directories,
and starts web application serving contents of
src/documentation/content/xdocs files as a live
website. Once Forrest starts everything up, you will see lines similar to:
22:50:44.242 EVENT Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev is up and ready. 22:50:44.246 EVENT Started SocketListener on 0.0.0.0:8888 22:50:44.246 EVENT Started org.mortbay.jetty.Server@42a80d
- Now you can open up localhost:8888 and edit the source from the src/documentation/content/xdocs folder.
by Vladimir R. Bossicard, Vadim Gritsenkoversion 530610